Monday, November 7, 2011

Cheers, Chopper

from Cheers, Chopper blog...

"Ooh, ooh, ooh! The Hallelujah Picassos retrospective, Rewind The Hateman was released at the end of October.

I only ever saw the Picassos live once, at Otago Orientation in 1994, but I’ll remember that show for the rest of my life.

I bought their album Drinking With Judas the next day and spent the next two years playing it and playing it and playing it until the tape got so loose and worn so that when my walkman inevitably chewed it, bits of tape got stuck so hard in the walkman’s winding/threading mechanism that It was never able to successfully play a tape again.

That’s right: the Picassos were so good my walkman committed suicide when it couldn’t play them any more."

Sorry we killed your Walkman, dude . And thanks for the kind words.

No comments:

Post a Comment